Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Daily Smoothie

I've gotten in the habit of a daily (or nearly daily) smoothie in which I get whatever supplemental vitamins, protein, fiber, what-have-you, that I may not get in my diet. With proportions mostly at random, here's the recipe for today's:

A scoop, or two, of whey protein powder (from any grocery health food section)
A quarter cup or so of pasteurized egg whites
A banana
A cubed apple (or applesauce)
A few knife-fulls of peanut butter
As much yogurt comes out of the container in a few shakes, probably 1/4-1/3 of a quart
Frozen fruit (today, blueberries)
A package of Emergen-C vitamin powder
Milk, enough to make it liquid.

I've never accomplished the goal of making a single, or even a double, serving. I basically end up drinking the entire blender full. I have not a single idea whether this is good for me, but it tastes all right and it keeps me from eating dough-nuts on the way to work!

1 comment:

  1. Now you're just making me feel bad about having a slice of German chocolate cake for lunch. But I did wash it down with a diet coke!

    ReplyDelete