Wednesday, September 7, 2016

From Bleh to Meh!

The last few days have felt pretty good.  Saturday and Sunday I ran medium runs (6-8 miles) at an 8:40 pace.  Monday, I ran 14 at a 9 minute pace when I was with folks, and a 10ish pace when I was on my own for the last few miles at the end.  Today I span and swam.  I am not feeling fast but I am feeling reasonably fit.  I bumped into my friend C_ at the gym this morning, and she asked how I was doing.  I said, "I've finally left the zone of Bleh!!"

This is most emphatically not to be confused with a return to form.  But it is a return to feeling healthy.   I've moved from the zone of Bleh to the zone of "meh."

The big question remains: will running a Marathon in a month help me move forward or set me back. .

1 comment:

  1. There can be only one logical progression after Bleh then Meh. It's Meb. And that means soldier on to Chicago and run that as a WTF marathon. You won't regret it. I did it the heatwave year and it was still a blast. And of course there's the main reason: Because Spencer.

    ReplyDelete