Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Mediate Goals

With Comrades the goal for Spring 2016, I need things to get me there.

Thing 1:  the Seneca Creek Trail 50K.  I'll be running this one with long-time running buddy J__.  J__ coaxed me into my first marathon, my first Ironman, my first 50 miler . . . maybe even my first joint.  It will be nice to be back sharing a starting line with him.

Thing 2:  a marathon.  Any grand ideas for April or May?  I'm tempted by this silliness, with 7000+ feet of elevation gain and billing itself as "America's Toughest Road Marathon."

I like how all the grand ideas of running sub 3 hours are gone and I'm just out looking for adventure.  And I do mean I like it.


1 comment:

  1. Gotta say, these "modest" goals seem pretty serious to me. :-) That marathon looks like fun, but not as a training run. I'm not sure that running a super hilly marathon is the best way to prepare for a mostly flat ultra. . . Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete