Sunday, February 14, 2016

It's Cold Outside!

This weekend it's too cold for me.  I'm not averse to cold weather running.  In fact, I like it, but I wanted to do some long slow base work, and I just didn't have it in me to handle the single digits.  My hamstring is better (it seems), but my aerobic base has vanished, and in its place I'm still carrying around Christmas dinner (and maybe a bit of Thanksgiving).  So my plan this weekend was to go long in the gym.  The only thing worse than spending two hours out in the single digit cold is spending hours on a treadmill, so yesterday and today I mixed it up with some long slow brics.  Both days, I did 2000 yards in the pool, 45 minutes on the bike, and 30 minutes on the deadmill.  It was still pretty boring (except for the spin class this morning), but I've figured out how to watch Netflix on the bike, so it was bearable.  There's no way to make laps interesting, but boy are the good for you . .   I think next week will be warmer, and I'll be able to get back to the regular routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment