Sunday, September 20, 2015

Marathon Tune-up

Calf healed just in time for me run the Marathon Tune-up as a last long run before Hudson-Mohawk.  I ran a mile before the race, and then joined M who was leading the 4 hour marathon pace group as an official pacer.  His assigned goal was 9:09 miles.  I ran with the group for 12, then took off and finished at an 8:59 pace.  I felt good, finished strong, and was happy with it. I've been way faster at this distance, but whatever.  The odd thing was that my Garmin and the race had almost nothing to do with each other.  The Garmin measured the course as .5 miles shorter than the markers, and my pace as therefore considerably slower. I'm not sure what to do with that information.  I am going to go out on a limb, and assume that NYRR has a fair amount of experience placing mile markers in Central Park . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment