Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Cape Cod

It is thundering  outside, so I'm feeling good about my choice to run this morning and hunker down with a Carl Hiaasen book this afternoon.  We're in Wellfleet for the week, and it has been a good week for outdoor exercise.  I managed a 12 miler (with 3 of it on the beach) on Sunday, a 40 mile bike ride to Provincetown (replete with Jewish wedding), a family bike ride and kayak yesterday, and a 7 miler largely in sand this morning.   I haven't been pushing the pace on any of this, keeping my heart rate at 70-75% and focusing on form.  The good news is that nothing hurts.  Okay, that's really good news!!! I'm a bit behind schedule on my marathon training plan.  Usually, I'd have a 15 miler or two under my belt by now, but I'm feeling more optimistic about my ability to ramp up the distance than I have in months. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment