Monday, June 4, 2012

Further and Faster than I Wanted

My cousin and her husband are in town.  He's a an awesome runner with pr of 2:30 for the marathon and a 4:24 mile under his belt.  He once hung with Great Waitz for 11 plus miles at the NYC marathon in the 1980s. He took a number of years off and returned to distance running and racing a few years back. 

 His current training schedule called for an "easy" 2/12 hour run yesterday.  So I upped my game and did between 10-11 miles with him at a pace faster than usual for me and slower than usual for him.  He cabbed to my place and we ran past the north end of the running path, circled the main Loyola campus, and returned via a combination of the park and streets to avoid the bulk of the three day 60 mile Avon breast cancer walkers.  He then continued another 6 miles down the lakefront back to his hotel downtown and I dragged my aching calves upstairs for a hot shower and a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment