Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Beaujolais Nouveau

I remember in college discovering the beaujolais nouveau -- the November bottles of that year's wine. We (my roommate Jay and I) felt quite in the know to be tasting Georges DuBoeuf when it first hit the shelves. I do think I must have realized then that the primary attraction was the artistic label.

I got a bottle last week for the sake of nostalgia, and now I wonder what it was we liked. While this would go well over lettuce with olive oil and salt, it's not much for drinking.

Apologies for going off topic, but I'm staying off my feet for a couple of weeks. Maybe my next post will be a discourse on the mint- and peanut butter-flavored Oreos that have been on sale at the grocers recently.

2 comments:

  1. Is that a combination of mint and peanut butter or two separate kinds of Oreos? I am in favor of both just not together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope my scholarship is not that ambiguous. I mean two different cookies. Or, two different bags of cookies, because by the bagful is how I eat them.

    ReplyDelete